Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Step No. 1 - People watch as a means to procrastinate and claim that you're processing ideas.

One may also substitute "people watch" for "daydream." I made a horrible habit of daydreaming whenever I was so lucky to get a window seat in middle- and high-schools and, consequently, was an annoyance to any of the teachers who bothered about such things. In grade 10, while writing an in class test for Science 10, I was fortunate enough to be seated by a window overlooking not just the school's front lawn but also the neighbourhood, which sprawled for blocks. I was roundly chastised by the teacher for "cheating," since that's the only reason I would look so preoccupied with staring out the window.

Fast forward *mumble* years and can now explain away my people watching and/or daydreaming by "processing." This is especially useful if engrossed in a conversation of some gravitas or if your conversation companion is a crashing bore. Please note: If one must daydream or people watch and claim that you're thinking about content, one must furrow one's eyebrows to a conversation appropriate intensity.

No comments: