Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Step No. 2 - Crank call someone to inquire as to whether or not their fridge is running, and then offer to catch it for them.

On the few occasions when I actually did make crank calls, it was usually to TV stations. I often demanded to speak with characters from whatever animated shows they aired in afternoons. I took great joy in engaging with the frustrated receptionist who insisted that it wasn't possible to speak with [insert character name] because they weren't real. In retrospect, I don't know why said receptionist never disconnected, but actually kept talking.

Now that I'm old enough to know better I'd like to make some crank calls to people, but add a twist. Make a joke at their expense, but then offer a personalised solution. It's a win/win scenario. Chasing household appliances will be much more gratifying now.

No comments: